Cheap really is cheap
This is a new concept that I have learned since getting married and being in charge of having a clean home. When I was single I always bought the cheapest brand of everything. I was never disappointed with my purchases and I never noticed them preforming "cheaply". Well I don't know if I just got pickier after getting married or I just care more because now I am the mom of the house and if things are grows and dirty then it is kinda my responsibility.
I used to buy the dollar container of dish soap. I was happy about it at the store but then when David or I would do dishes we felt like we were pouring red water that smelled faintly good into our dishwater. The water would be bubbly for about 2 minutes. I felt like I was not even cleaning the dishes. I would pour more soap in about ever five minuets. Now we pay a little bit more and our dishes are much cleaner. I actually almost could see myself potentially liking doing the dishes now :) (The fresh grapefruit smell is wonderful!)
The cheap stuff dose not last very long. I thought the reason was that David was just using a celery size amount with each brushing, but instead it is just that this toothpaste is thin and dose not have much to it. It dose not leave a good clean feeling in your mouth either. Colgate is fresh and thick, it is lasting much longer.
There are a few household items that have taught me this valuable lesson.
DISH SOAP
I used to buy the dollar container of dish soap. I was happy about it at the store but then when David or I would do dishes we felt like we were pouring red water that smelled faintly good into our dishwater. The water would be bubbly for about 2 minutes. I felt like I was not even cleaning the dishes. I would pour more soap in about ever five minuets. Now we pay a little bit more and our dishes are much cleaner. I actually almost could see myself potentially liking doing the dishes now :) (The fresh grapefruit smell is wonderful!)
LAUNDRY DETERGENT
This SUN stuff is terrible it is so tempting at the store because it is five dollars cheaper then every other detergent, but for a good reason. It dose not clean clothes and it dose not smell good. I love the smell of detergent, it makes me so happy to smell like it all day. I love it when David's clothes smell like really good detergent!
TOOTHPASTE
The cheap stuff dose not last very long. I thought the reason was that David was just using a celery size amount with each brushing, but instead it is just that this toothpaste is thin and dose not have much to it. It dose not leave a good clean feeling in your mouth either. Colgate is fresh and thick, it is lasting much longer.
So I have now learned that spending a bit more at the store makes a big difference. I hope to see these items lasting longer because they are quality.

Comments