David is a great husband and father. He graduated yesterday so here is a blog in honor of him and this two year journey we have had as a family.
1. Uses narrative therapy on three year old son for help with potty training. David and Asher named Asher's difficulty of making it to the bathroom "pee fridge" then it was changed to "stinky pee" David would ask Asher questions like "When are you able to trick stinky pee to stay dry?"
2.Have very odd books lying around the house that might make others questions your own marriage. The semester that David took a class that talked about affairs we had 3 books on our book shelf about affairs. I just hopped that if people saw the books in our house they would understand what field David is studying and they would know that it wasn't for our personal reading.
3. After an argument he uses a phrase like "now, did you notice my repair attempt?"
4. Stays up late giving small online therapy sessions on Facebook-chat to friends that are struggling.5. Comes home late from meeting with a client and says "we had an emergency and it was very serious and I can't tell you anything".
6. Asks for a sand tray as a graduation gift.
7.Is very tired, can fall asleep on uncomfortable couches.
8. Has a blog about what he has learned as a student of marriage and family therapy and meeting with clients. http://healingforthehome.blogspot.com/
9. Loves anything and everything to do with parenting.
10. Writes a great 96 page thesis on the grief response that people feel when they give up a drug.
Great Job David, I love you and I am so happy with what you have learned and how you are able to help others in therapy. Keep up the great work!