so...whats it like to work at a Day care?

I have been working at a daycare for the past month or so. I work 9.5 hours usually, and I take care of the youngest babies. The day always goes by so fast because everything is always so busy. These kids are so cute and I just love them all.

  • Today I sat with one boy and read to him what all of his Pokemon cards were called. He was so amazed that I could read!
  • Landon a little boy who comes everyday is almost two and he is always getting into trouble, but he is always good for me when we play Roley-pulley. His new favorite thing to do is to roll the ball far away from me and say "get it" I say "no, you get it"
  • There is a four year old girl named Joset when she was laying down for her nap I asked her what she was going to dream about, she said "I am going to dream about all of my brothers, cleaning my room" When I asked that same question to another little boy he gave me a very concerned look and said "I am all out of dreams" He looked so lost and sad.
  • Ava is almost two and she hops everywhere she goes because she is always so happy! Yesterday (St. Patricks day) she came in with green sweats and her hair in a bun on the top of her head, thats not all, her hair was dyed green she looked like a little leprechaun.
  • Sam a two year old is very independent. I need to take him to the bathroom every hour or so just like all of the other pottie training kids. Before I got to know Sam I would pick him up and walk him to the bathroom then he would be so mad that he hadn't done it him self that it made the whole bathroom experience impossible. then gradually I would here him say "Sami do it" and I realized that he just wanted to do it by him self. So now I go tell him "Sami go pottie" If he says "no" than I say "purple Skittle" and he walks to the bathroom all by him self and all I have to do is put a new diaper on him and give him a skittle. He is always so proud of him self and yells "Sami did it"

I love my job, and I love what I get to learn everyday. Some days are hard because there is so much going on and five things for me to do at once, but I feel like I am getting more efficient everyday. What a wonderful job to prepair me for this baby!

Comments

Rolly polley is the funest game ever, except for that Beta game, i dont remember how that was even played
WDL 5 said…
You'll make a wonderful mother!

Popular Posts