Skip to main content
Fun Date!
I should express my gratitude for Emily and how wonderful of a wife she is. In my Eternal Marriage class they talked about the importance of date night. So many people in class lamented that they don't go on enough dates with their spouses. I was so happy to know that Emily and I don't have that problem! Emily asked me on a date for the Friday before last (Mar. 20th) . I had an interview at 5:30 that night. I called Emily to see if she could come pick me up around 6pm. She picked up the phone and said "Sorry, Emily is not here right now, if you would like to see her, she will be on a park bench in Smith Park."
So I started running to Smith's. I got there a little early ( She didn't expect me to run but Iwas just so excited) Then I saw her! She had acooler in her hand and began to set up a littlepicnic. She brought blankets and I came toto greet her. We ate such a yummy casseroleI always forget what she calls it- LPC? We also ate some homemade rolls. It was so filling!After eating, we read children's books together.We read Amelia Bedelia, Frog and Toad, I Spy Fantasy and a Discover China book. Those books were so funny! I definitely want them to read to our children! After reading the bookswe threw the frisbee and football and ran intoour friends, Jentry and Olin, who were playing basketball. We then played basketball with them. We then went and had desert with our friends andheaded back home exhausted. It was such a funnight!
I'm so glad that Emily and I work hard to keep our love alive by going on as many dates as we can. I'm so thankful for her. She has to be the most amazing person that I know. She is so thoughtful and fun. It's crazy to think that we are already starting our family together! After October it won't just be the two of us! We will have our baby just in time for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!
Comments