Family Home Evening
Last Monday night it was my turn to plan the lesson for FHE. I kept putting it off and then the electricity went out on our street so I realized I should take that time and plan the lesson. Our wards goal is to have one lesson a month out of the Preach my Gospel Missionary Manual. I planned a lesson on Charity out of that Manual. David and I decided to give more service for the next week. David did very well and shared this story with me.
At work David noticed a friend was eating his dinner that his wife had brought for him. He was just picking at it not really eating it. David soon noticed that his friend did not have a fork! David remembered that he had a fork with him that he had packed with his lunch that he had not used, so he got it out and gave it to his friend. His friend was very grateful, and surprised that David just happened to have an extra clean fork on hand.
Just thought I would share so that we can all remember how easy and simple service can be :)
At work David noticed a friend was eating his dinner that his wife had brought for him. He was just picking at it not really eating it. David soon noticed that his friend did not have a fork! David remembered that he had a fork with him that he had packed with his lunch that he had not used, so he got it out and gave it to his friend. His friend was very grateful, and surprised that David just happened to have an extra clean fork on hand.
Just thought I would share so that we can all remember how easy and simple service can be :)

Comments