Intense 5k Mud Run!

I'm not sure who all I told about this, but I did an obstacle 5k on May 19th near Golden, Colorado. Three of my colleagues got me to do the race with them. After the race I dropped Emily off at the airport so she could fly off to Houston, TX. This first picture is me right before the start of the race.

This next picture is a picture of my fan club (sorry Bridger is missing). Emily, Asher, and Bridger waited the entire time sometimes in the cold, other times back in the car getting warm. I don't think they even saw me during the race because the track was so big and there were so many people.

So this is a far picture of the track itself. Just to give you an idea of how grueling it was (at least for me), it was nothing but up and down the entire time through muddy hills (the course was on the foothills on the mountains). Half the time I was crawling on my hands and knees or using a rope (when it was available) to get up the muddy hills. There was a very long tunnel that you had to army crawl through as well as a tunnel you had to climb up using a rope. The tunnel was too small to use your legs so it was all arm strength all the way up. Throughout the course there was probably about 6 times where I had to army crawl through a foot or 2 of water. I couldn't lift my head up very far because there was barb wire above me. There were also tires swings you had to push and jump through and huge crates with small wooden ladders about 20 feet high (the most dangerous part of it all was just how muddy and slippery it was). There was also a huge slide where you splash into a big pool of water. It was pouring raining the entire time and it was probably around 40 degrees (the water was a lot colder). Because of how wet I was, about half way through I couldn't feel my feet or hands.
 
It really was exhausting, but I'm glad I finished! This is me celebrating in the warm car afterwards! Afterwards we had to find a bathroom in a gas station that we could use to change into dry clothes, so that we could go and drop Emily off at the airport. After dropping her off, I headed back to Fort Collins to finish up so homework. Whatta fun day!

Comments

Popular Posts