Mom visits Fort Collins!



Last weekend my mom came from Salt Lake to visit us. She got a ride with a nice lady in our ward who was attending a Zumba training class in Denver. It was a great visit. Mom loved seeing Asher. She hasn't been on a bike since her misson (over 25 years ago) so we had to get her on one because that's just what you do in Fort Collins. After she got used to the bike we biked to our favorite little lake. I pulled off to the side of the bike trail, and mom said "where is the dock" I just laughed. We walked down a little path to our humble muddy "dock" and pumped up the boat, it only takes ten minuets. Mom got in and then Asher and me. It was very peaceful. Asher had fun splashing himself in the face.






We were very tired when we got home, but I still really wanted to show mom how hip hoppin' down town is on a Friday night. I got her to go, and she really loved it. Down town is a lot of fun, they have street performers, and a live band on Friday nights. Lots of people dine outside and most people are even a bit dressed up. Mom liked the fashion that she saw. Asher splashed around in a fountain right under the band. He was dancing to the music and would clap whole heartily when they were done playing. It was so great having mom visit.

Comments

Rhonda said…
Thanks for posting this. You are the only person I know who can go boating in a sequined, crotcheted, halter top!
I loved the way Asher would say "yellow" ("lellow"), "baseball" ("BASEBALL!") and "motorcycle" ("motosighuhl") I was very surprised how far and desolate David's drive to work every day is. He's a dedicated husband.

Popular Posts