Summer fun
Summer in the south is for sure different, but we are adjusting, and having lots of fun!
In July I went to Utah for my brother Billy's wedding. It was great to see my parents, and all of my siblings at the same time. We were busy making lots of wedding food, saying goodbye to our childhood home, chillin' in my parents awesome apartment pool, and enjoying a cool Utah summer.
Meanwhile, David was still in North Carolina taking care of the boys. He was super dad for sure! He took the boys to the beach, and the aquarium. While he was at the beach he picked up a craigs list free piano, and brought it home, with the help of the missionaries. I have really wanted a free piano for a long time. David even kept it a secret from me until I got home. I was so excited, and have been learning to play since then. Now I have a sewing machine, nice camera, wheat grinder, and piano. I am set and so grateful!!!!! :)
The day after the beach David drove the boys to Atlanta, to hang out with John Angie and Will. My boys LOVE cousin Will!
back at home, sharing dad's pants
Here is my new piano! Isn't it beautiful? Isn't David amazing?
WE try to do Family Home evening every week on Monday. We had a really fun Lesson about the armor of God. Bridger taught it. He dressed up in "the armor of God" Asher thought it was so fun he joined in. I had just had this lesson the day before in young womans and our president used a visual of an orange floating in water. It floats because it has its peel (armor) all around it. but when you take the peel off it sinks. I had water and an orange to try it with our family. We talked about things that weaken our armor as we took peels off. I said "being ungrateful" Asher said "yea, I was really ungrateful the other day when I said I wanted a bigger house" We were all able to think of things that weaken our own armor. then we talked about how to keep it so strong so that we don't sink. It was fun and we all felt the spirit. I am so glad that I had a good lesson the day before so that I could copy it, and enjoy it with my family.
David has a new favorite game. Its called "Smashup" Its where you mix up different kinds of factions. Here is Titus' version of smashup. He is a monkey dino ninja
Valeire and Hillary came to visit us. WE kept the kids busy and having fun, by making sugar cookies and frosting them. The deal was to have enough sugar cookies so that the could have one each day of the visit. That didn't last, most got eaten that day.
We took everyone on a walk through our very untamed back yard of woods. we were only out there for about 15 minuets, but among us all we had 40+ mosquitoes bits, and the twins were saying that they would NEVER go back in there.
On Saturday we had a really great visit to the town of Kinston. We went to a great park. It was an amazing day to be outside, nice and cool, with just a tiny bit of rain. We went on a train ride that was a dollar a person. The ride was very fun. We got to look for fun painted animals, fairy houses, and we went through and dark tunnel with a bear at the end. It was just the right amount of scary for our kids that it was very fun. The kids cheered laughed and enjoyed themselves so much that the train conductor took us around one more time. David and I had a great time too, we looked at each other with big smiles and said that we need to get out more if we are so amused by a simple kids train ride.
Next we went instead to see the FREE kids health and science muesems. You could crawl into these mouth and then into the stomach.
If you went inside this heart you could climb down and then crawl through a 15 ft long "blood vessel"
Here is astronaut Lydia and astronaut Titus
Val packed a fun "Lindsey style" brown bag lunch. Each bag had one of our names on it. Amazing Asher, Brave Bridger, Courageous Charlotte, Lovely Lydia,
After lunch we got to see all kinds of river animals in another museum building (yep Free again, it was great!) Then our kids played in the Nuese river for the next hour.
Here is David having fun with all of the kids.
On Monday we went to the spray park here in town.
Our neighbor Deanna went with. The twins and her would stand under the bucket as it would fall down. We said good bye to Val and her kids on Wednesday. I know that they were excited to finally get home they had such a long trip.
Asher built this little camp with Lincoln logs.
Here is Bridger's car house
Asher has been waiting for the ice cream man to come for the last three weeks. Each night he would say " wake me up if the ice cream man comes". He brought his wallet with him everywhere just in case he saw the ice cream truck. It finally cam on Friday. He was so happy! He bought it with his own money. ( I just cant buy my kids ice cream from the truck)
On Saturday we hit the beach for our last hurrah before school starts!
There is a little crab in Asher's hand. He had four of them in a container.
After the beach we went to Texas rode house, the boy earned free kids meals fr finishing the summer reading program at the library. We had so much fun there as a family, it was a party! WE got home around 9:30pm and got the kids to bed and then went right to bed. Its been a fun summer! Wish David lucky, this Saturday he has his BIG 4 hr MFT Exam!

In July I went to Utah for my brother Billy's wedding. It was great to see my parents, and all of my siblings at the same time. We were busy making lots of wedding food, saying goodbye to our childhood home, chillin' in my parents awesome apartment pool, and enjoying a cool Utah summer.
Meanwhile, David was still in North Carolina taking care of the boys. He was super dad for sure! He took the boys to the beach, and the aquarium. While he was at the beach he picked up a craigs list free piano, and brought it home, with the help of the missionaries. I have really wanted a free piano for a long time. David even kept it a secret from me until I got home. I was so excited, and have been learning to play since then. Now I have a sewing machine, nice camera, wheat grinder, and piano. I am set and so grateful!!!!! :)
The day after the beach David drove the boys to Atlanta, to hang out with John Angie and Will. My boys LOVE cousin Will!
back at home, sharing dad's pants
Here is my new piano! Isn't it beautiful? Isn't David amazing?
WE try to do Family Home evening every week on Monday. We had a really fun Lesson about the armor of God. Bridger taught it. He dressed up in "the armor of God" Asher thought it was so fun he joined in. I had just had this lesson the day before in young womans and our president used a visual of an orange floating in water. It floats because it has its peel (armor) all around it. but when you take the peel off it sinks. I had water and an orange to try it with our family. We talked about things that weaken our armor as we took peels off. I said "being ungrateful" Asher said "yea, I was really ungrateful the other day when I said I wanted a bigger house" We were all able to think of things that weaken our own armor. then we talked about how to keep it so strong so that we don't sink. It was fun and we all felt the spirit. I am so glad that I had a good lesson the day before so that I could copy it, and enjoy it with my family.
David has a new favorite game. Its called "Smashup" Its where you mix up different kinds of factions. Here is Titus' version of smashup. He is a monkey dino ninja
Valeire and Hillary came to visit us. WE kept the kids busy and having fun, by making sugar cookies and frosting them. The deal was to have enough sugar cookies so that the could have one each day of the visit. That didn't last, most got eaten that day.
We took everyone on a walk through our very untamed back yard of woods. we were only out there for about 15 minuets, but among us all we had 40+ mosquitoes bits, and the twins were saying that they would NEVER go back in there.
On Saturday we had a really great visit to the town of Kinston. We went to a great park. It was an amazing day to be outside, nice and cool, with just a tiny bit of rain. We went on a train ride that was a dollar a person. The ride was very fun. We got to look for fun painted animals, fairy houses, and we went through and dark tunnel with a bear at the end. It was just the right amount of scary for our kids that it was very fun. The kids cheered laughed and enjoyed themselves so much that the train conductor took us around one more time. David and I had a great time too, we looked at each other with big smiles and said that we need to get out more if we are so amused by a simple kids train ride.
Next we went instead to see the FREE kids health and science muesems. You could crawl into these mouth and then into the stomach.
If you went inside this heart you could climb down and then crawl through a 15 ft long "blood vessel"
Here is astronaut Lydia and astronaut Titus
Val packed a fun "Lindsey style" brown bag lunch. Each bag had one of our names on it. Amazing Asher, Brave Bridger, Courageous Charlotte, Lovely Lydia,
After lunch we got to see all kinds of river animals in another museum building (yep Free again, it was great!) Then our kids played in the Nuese river for the next hour.
Here is David having fun with all of the kids.
On Monday we went to the spray park here in town.
Our neighbor Deanna went with. The twins and her would stand under the bucket as it would fall down. We said good bye to Val and her kids on Wednesday. I know that they were excited to finally get home they had such a long trip.
Asher built this little camp with Lincoln logs.
Here is Bridger's car house
Asher has been waiting for the ice cream man to come for the last three weeks. Each night he would say " wake me up if the ice cream man comes". He brought his wallet with him everywhere just in case he saw the ice cream truck. It finally cam on Friday. He was so happy! He bought it with his own money. ( I just cant buy my kids ice cream from the truck)
On Saturday we hit the beach for our last hurrah before school starts!
There is a little crab in Asher's hand. He had four of them in a container.
After the beach we went to Texas rode house, the boy earned free kids meals fr finishing the summer reading program at the library. We had so much fun there as a family, it was a party! WE got home around 9:30pm and got the kids to bed and then went right to bed. Its been a fun summer! Wish David lucky, this Saturday he has his BIG 4 hr MFT Exam!

































Comments