Aggie Bash

 My friend is an amazing cannier and she taught me how to can peaches, It was so fun! I can't wait to eat them.
 We went to Mulberry pool as a family and had a blast. Asher and Bridger are such water kids, they played and played and played. We went through the lazy river as a family I had Asher and David had Bridger in a tube then we would bump the boys tubes together head on, and the would laugh a lot.

 Later in the week we had Aggie Bash the biggest program of the year for us as staff to put on. We were really busy, but it all paid off it was a great day.
 There was some great face painting and balloon making.
 Our theme was Olympics. I ran the craft booth. The kids could make the rings, make a Olympic torch or make a gold medal dipped in glitter
a
The dinner was amazing! We had tacos and then there was a second dinner at 8:30 for residents who were observing Ramadan. That dinner was from Pakistan. It was some delicious rice and Polorias-deep fat fried potatoe things. I hope to get that recipe :) After dinner we had a pinata that the kids LOVED then a talent show. David and I did a talent of beat boxing together. We booth had our own microphones so we sounded pretty cool. My favorite talent and I think the best moment of the whole day was a performance by seven of our Latin American residents. They preformed a Colombian Kumbia. They had a guitar drums sticks and other things to add to the music, our friend Sol sang the song in Spanish, then their were two ladies who danced. So they made all of the music and had the dancers. Plus the women had been up till 2 am the night before to finish sewing their amazing Kumbia outfits. Each performer was having so much fun! I wish I had a picture. I so want to visit a Latin American country!

Comments

Lindsey Pickett said…
I want to come and stay with you and I miss you -Rocklond- ya please
WDL 5 said…
I'm glad Bridger isn't walking yet! It's been so long since we've seen you. - Mom
t

Popular Posts