Reflections on Book Making

This past semester I was inrolled in a book arts class. I was always interested in this class but never thought I would actually take it. It has been a great joy, and I have enjoyed it very much. My two good friends Dannelle and Tristan watched Asher while I was in class, wich was an amazing blessing. David was also very supportive and he really cheered me on with the neat things I was learning. I learned alot, more than most college classes. Here is a picture of a book I made FIVE months before I took this class. It was made with old cereal boxes, nasty flimsy paper painted with cheap water colors and glued together with a glue gun.


And here is my final project for the class. This is a book I worked on all semester. I gave this book to David for Christmas. I wrote our love story from when we started dating to when we got married and I bound this leather book with the skills I acquired all semester. It was created with book board, covered in leather and lokta, it was bound and sewn in the cord method.


I am just amazed at all of the neat things I learned. I find a lot of joy in making books and I treasure the knowledge I have gained. It is very exciting to create something new. David was so excited on Christmas to receive this gift. I hope that I can continue to make books throughout my life.

Comments

Rhonda said…
It sure is a beautiful book! What a neat class. I hope you can use what you learned over and over.

Popular Posts