Graduation & Work!
This last Friday (July 23) I graduated with my Bachelor of Science in Sociology! It was so much fun having my mom and dad and Bill, Rhonda, and Hillary all come up to see me. For Commencement, I had the opportunity to read the scripture. I read Jacob 2: 18-19. Elder Richard Hinkley was the main speaker that night and he spoke on applying yourself, denying yourself, and not taking shortcuts. It was so good! So, everyone came up on Thursday evening and we had sloppy joes and french fries that night. That night Emily, Asher, and I went over to Bill and Rhonda's hotel and we all went swimming. The next day, we went to the spray park for a brunch. Asher was so cute in the water. On Saturday, everyone left including Emily and Asher. They both went down to Utah with her parents to visit family and friends. Emily will be back tomorrow (Thursday). So, I've been looking for an after-graduation job, cleaning up around the house, reading books, watched a movie, etc since she's been gone. Also, lots of very nice people have invited me over for dinner while Emily has been away. Enjoy the pictures!










I should go ahead and tell everyone about a miracle that happened the other day. So, I have been looking for a job for awhile now for after graduation. I've wanted one doing PSR work (you work with struggling children in their homes) so that I could use my degree and get good experience. I had several interviews in Idaho Falls, but none of them called me back. So, Monday morning I set off to call every single PSR agency in the area. Monday and Tuesday I spent all day calling or dropping off resumes wherever they were hiring. On Tuesday, I went to an agency in Rexburg who said they might be hiring soon. I introduced myself to the manager there, told him I have some experience, and told him I speak Spanish. He looked over my resume with me and then said he'd get back in touch with me. He called me 20 minutes later and said he had some work for me, but needed an official interview. I came back later at 3pm for an interview (again, I had lots of time - no job, no calling at the moment, no school, and Emily and Asher down in Utah) . I came in at 3 and by the end of the interview they offered me the job! Right after the interview we brought up a criminal background check I had last August and filled out all my employment paperwork. So, my training will start next Thursday. I will do about 20-30 hours to start off with doing PSR work and whatever other time I'm not doing PSR I will help with some office work until they can get me some more clients. The place I will be working at is called Child and Family Resource. It was such a miracle! I know the Lord was looking after me and my family. I know God heard the prayers of those who were praying for us! It's such a blessing to be able to get a full-time job in the field I was looking to get into and to have a job in Rexburg where I don't have to commute to work. Sorry, no pictures yet of my new job.

Comments