The biggest Sweet tooth is....





Glucoses-obsesos-too-oftenada(G.O.T.O.)

Symptoms- Head ache tooth arch

Signs-always wanting sugary yummy desserts

Risk factors- Being a college student

Why do I give you all this information? because David and I have been diagnosed with this disease which is quickly spreading across America. Asher is at risk for developing this disease as well.

Lately David and I CRAVE something sugary and yummy after every meal. For many weeks we just told ourselves that this was normal. We decided to face the truth and now we know that no this is not normal.

At parties why is it that everyone is okay with 1 or two cookies? but then I have to have three well maybe four and I am sure no one will notice if I have five Oh and this sixth one I promise it is for my husband.
Maybe its because we like to make things special? Why is it that we associate sugary desserts with things being special? Its okay if every once and awhile we celebrate with dessert but we are finding the oddest little things to celebrate just so that we can have our sugar fix.

Our cure is that we will limit ourselves to one yummy sweet thing a day (this week: Chocolate chip pumpkin cookies :) I feel that we have just accustomed our taste buds to love sweetness. When we tell ourselves that "O I just have a little sweet tooth right now" NOOOOO we always have a sweet tooth this is NOT an excuse! We have just trained our bodies to want things that are sweet. I think we can help our bodies by calming down on the sweetness, and after a while we wont have those little cravings every 1.5 hrs.

If you have any secrets about how you are able to beat your addiction to sweetness we would be much obliged to know.

I Emily Haralson am a sweetaholic. I have been sober for 5 hrs.

Wish us luck!

Comments

Kate said…
Dude, these pictures make me want sweets! Mmmmm!
I only want sweets when I'm not working out (like right now). When I have a consistent work out schedule, it makes me want to eat healthy so I can feel good.
Missionary Mom said…
I heard that if you are craving sweets, it means that you are not getting enough protein in your diet!
Gurr Family said…
I Danielle Gurr am also a sweetaholic. I have been sober for about 12 but 10 of those 12 hours I was sleeping. :)
Gurr Family said…
Kate I love your picture.
Unknown said…
Oh Emily, Tyler and I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world. He says he's never seen anyone like chocolate as much as I do. Rich, dreamy, succulent chocolate....Oh!
LiNdS said…
Oh Emily... do you remember when we watched Lord of the Rings??? All that FOOD! LOL
Cassie said…
I have also been trying to cut back on the sweets and something I found that is really good but not TOO bad for ya are those chocolate pudding cups. Yum. I also love fruit smoothies. They are sweet but a healthy sweet. Yogurt is also something I will snack on when my sweet tooth starts to bother me. Good luck!! :)
WDL 5 said…
Just so you know, Emily, I'm going to be saving you some raspberry cheesecake or something from the Roof Restaurant when you come down on Friday! Remember, you requested it for Asher!
Val said…
Our strategy is not to buy candy. But somehow we still get it. I am particularly addicted to gum. I probably chew a stick and a half a day. I tear it into little pieces and stick one in my mouth everytime the flavor is gone.
Val said…
Dad, Brandon wants some of that Cheesecake (it's for Asher too)
I don't bring candy in the house and I also use fruits like mangos, pinapple, pears, apples etc. for my sweet tooth.

Popular Posts