Under Pressure!
David and I signed up for the married student gardens at BYU-i this summer. We have helped plant and weed this garden. We have learned a lot and are very excited to do our own garden next year. (David wants to plant watermelons!)
Lots of fresh produce is coming in. I picked lots of corn and green beans a couple of nights ago.
Then David learned how to can from the lady who runs the gardens, she also let us borrow her pressure cooker.,and last time we visited my Salt Lake my mom gave us 12 canning jars, we were set. So on Saturday morning David and I ventured into the world of canning and canned six cans of green beans.
While the beans were doing their thing in the pressure cooker we boiled and bagged the fresh corn. It is the best tasting stuff in the world! I love corn on the cob.
It felt really good to start our food storage and learn something new together. We rewarded our hard work by cooling off at Monkey Rock with some good friends. I got to hold my favorite animal, and David had fun in a "how far can you throw a rock" contest between the guys. he still has his good pitching arm! The water was freezing, but it actually felt really nice.

Comments